Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lolita 52 Challenge: #7. My favorite lolita brand

7. My favorite Lolita brand  Baby, the Stars Shine Bright.  I love AP and Meta and Innocent World and all the rest too, but Baby will always form the backbone of my wardrobe.  The other day I counted my dresses to see which brand was more prevalent.  I thought it would be AP, since my closet looks like it's vomiting pastel right now but surprisingly, tucked and stuffed between the AP fluff were my Baby dresses. And there were way more than I thought! Baby gives me the lolita feeling more than any other brand.  Angelic Pretty is fun and flashy, Innocent World is serene and soft, Meta is... Well Meta is Meta!  But Baby embodies what I became a lolita for in the first place: Exquisite details, lush lace, and the little things.  It's a certain placement of a bow, or the subtle curve of the heel that turns an ordinary mary jane into a work of art, and the iconic features that make a Baby piece instantly recognizable just by the lace used.   In short, I LOVE BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment