48. Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
Vital in their frivolity! Lolita IS frivolous even in its most basic forms. If it wasn't frivolous it wouldn't be lolita! I'm a "more is more" person. If you like parasols, get one! You can never be too matchy-matchy.
Monday, January 28, 2013
48. Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Following Caro-chan's lead to kick off the new year, I'm going to try to stick with the... Lolita 52 Challenge: A Lolita Topic a Week
1. 5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style
2. 5 movies for Lolitas
3. What my own Lolita lifestyle is like
4. Favorite thing to put on my head
5. My wardrobe turnover
6. My favorite Lolita brand
7. Why I wear Lolita?
8. Why don't I wear Lolita more often?
9. 5 keywords that describe my personal Lolita style
10. How I first found out about Lolita
11. 3 trends I wish would come back
12. Combining other fashions with Lolita
13. Lolitas I have met in real life
14. Lolitas I would love to meet
15. 3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita
16. 10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe
17. My first meetup
18. Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love
19. Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on
20. How satisfied I am with my current wardrobe
21. Plan for a trip! A week's worth of Lolita outfits I can fit in a small suitcase
22. How I accessorize
23. What influences my Lolita style
24. What's in my makeup bag
25. Best places to wear Lolita
26. How I get out of a wardrobe slump
27. Purses that I love
28. Bloomers or no bloomers?
29. Lolitafying things in my everyday life
30. How long it took me to build a complete wardrobe
31. Impulse buys that were totally worth it
32. My best deal
33. Something that I made
34. Wardrobe blunders! Things I bought that I ended up regretting!
35. What I thought when I got my first real piece of Lolita
36. Nails to match my favorite looks
37. Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
38. Favorite hair style
39. Most versatile Lolita item I own
40. 5 inspirational fictional characters
41. Fondest meetup memory
42. The ways in which I fit the cliche
43. The ways in which I do not fit the cliche
44. How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions
45. Something that was a gift
46. Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
47. The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get
48. My "signature" outfit
49. My favorite Lolita print
50. What's in my closet, but I haven't worn yet!
51. Predict the next Lolita trend!
52. How Lolita has changed me
These don't have to go in any particular order, so I'll start with this one... 17. My First Meetup
My First meetup was at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden Sakura Matsuri in 2008. I wore a hideous skirt of my own making(it was made out of that once popular gingham and strawberries border print fabric that everyone used to make their first skirts/dresses). The print wasn't bad, it was just that the skirt I made was just mega frumpy and bleh. I was SO nervous, but as soon as I got there, a sweet adorable angel reached out to me and started chatting with me like it was no big deal. That angel was Dalin of Magic ala Mode, and she's been my best friend ever since! My first meetup experience was a good one, and it definitely set the tone for the rest of my lolita life. But thank god I don't have photos of my coord from that day anymore!!
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Saturday, March 19, 2011
The best description of what Natural Kei is all about is from my dear friend Martha's blog Moss Garden. She wrote a great article called What Is Natural Kei that really explains the style wonderfully. Check out her blog, it's a natural wonderland!
Since she's explained it so well, let's just look at some of my favorite Natural Kei photos!
Here are some coordinates from the Pink House website:
This outfit rocks my damn world... that jackeeeeet ;0;
There is a long running bear obsession in PH's history!
I love moccasins with natural kei
A cute casual outfit... with mocs!
Check out more Pink House here: http://pinkhouse.jp/
Friday, March 18, 2011
Here are some of my favorite outfits I've dressed her in:
This was my highest suteki'd dressup ever o_O
Here's my PoupeeGirl's profile, Little B!